- About Us
- Cultural Demographic Data and Maps
- Cultural Profiles
- Cultural Competency Tools
- Cultural Activation Prompts
- Evidence Based Practices
- CC Curriculum
- Diversity and Disparity Reports
- Religion, Culture, and Mental Health
- Center Presentations & Papers
- Recommended Links
- Policy for use of Center Materials
- Site Map
Judith Samuels, PhD, Wendy Schudrich, MSW
and Deborah Altschul, PhD
For a pdf of the full report, please click here: Toolkit for Modifying Evidence-Based Practices to Increase Cultural Competence.
For a pdf of the accompanying checklist and workbook, please click here: Toolkit for Modifying Evidence-Based Practices to Increase Cultural Competence: Checklist and Workbook
The Toolkit for Modifying Evidence-Based Practices to Increase Cultural Competence provides a step-by-step methodology for mental health practitioners and agency administrators to identify and evaluate evidence-based practices (EBPs) for possible modification for cultural groups.
The framework presented in the Toolkit is divided into four major sections:
• Working with Communities
• Selecting an EBP
• Modifying EBPs
The Toolkit methodology recognizes the multi-disciplinary nature of mental health service delivery and can be used in a wide range of settings from individual clinician practices to large public organizations.
In addition to providing a specific step-by-step methodology, the Toolkit contains additional tools to help users apply the Toolkit effectively. These materials can be used to enhance the effectiveness of the Toolkit in a variety of settings.
Additional tools available to Toolkit users include:
• Case studies that highlight the use of the Toolkit methodology in practice.
• An accompanying checklist and workbook to help Toolkit users apply the methodology in an easy-to-use manner. These are also available as a link from our website.
• Instruments to help assess organizations’ levels of cultural competence and readiness for change.
• A complete annotated bibliography with additional information on cultural competence within the field of mental health care.